Who we are are what we’re doing
The Objects of the Snowy Mountains Readers Writers Festival Inc.
- To organize and host an ongoing Snowy Mountains Reader Writers Festival based in Jindabyne and involving different venues in the Snowy Mountains region
- To organise stimulating and varied literary and art events involving authors, poets, artists and illustrators throughout the Festival, engaging all ages and covering a wide range of topics including celebration of our multicultural society, aboriginal heritage and iconic region.
- To organize and host other literary and cultural events in support of the Festival and other literary aims.
- Develop cultural networks and opportunities
- Engage the whole of the community
- Demonstrate the art and craft of books and writing and images and illustrations in general
- Celebrate the words, images, ideas and language reflecting the great literary heritage of the Snowy Mountain environment; and
- Enhance the cultural well being of our community into the future.
- Assist ongoing economic and social development within the region and increase opportunities for employment and professional development of authors, writers and artists
- Independent action
- Development of relationships with other bodies, community groups, businesses and government.
Applying for incorporation
The Organising Committee of the Snowy Mountains Readers Writers Festival held a public meeting on 13 June at Horizons Resort as a preliminary to applying for incorporation. The meeting approved the application, adopted the model constitution set out by NSW Fair Trading and elected office bearers.
Elected were: President, Helen Besestri, Vice-presidents, Philip Rack and Judith Batson, Hon. Secretary, Lil Harding, Hon. Assistant Secretary, Judy Young, Hon Treasurer, David Bigwood.